27 March 2017 at 8.30 am. (EET)
Neste Jacobs delivers new versions of NAPCON solutions to Borealis Porvoo cracker
Technology, engineering and project management company Neste Jacobs has finished the upgrade of Borealis Porvoo Cracker Dynamic Real-Time Optimization (DRTO) and Advanced Process Control (APC) with NAPCON Optimizer and NAPCON Controller. Borealis cracker unit's existing APC and DRTO were upgraded to the latest version of NAPCON Controller and NAPCON Optimizer. The new solutions were implemented on virtualized hardware with a DCS integrated web-based user interface. The user interface includes a modern visualization of APC functions, for example a real-time performance indicator, notification of active constraints and an easy "one-button" to turn on each APC.
"We are pleased to see once again that our NAPCON solution has provided remarkable financial benefits to our customer. We are also happy that our good collaboration with Borealis continues and we are able to deliver continuous added value to our customer. NAPCON solutions offer, in addition to production optimization, also great savings through improved energy efficiency", says Jarmo Suominen, CEO of Neste Jacobs.
More information on Neste Jacobs NAPCON solution from www.napconsuite.com or
Satu Stolt, Marketing Communications Manager, Neste Jacobs, tel. +358 50 458 9779
Neste Jacobs is a preferred solution provider of high-quality technology, engineering and project services for a wide range of industries in the fields of oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, biorefining, biochemicals, biopharma and industrial infrastructure. We have 60 years of experience in technology development and industrial investment projects as well as maintenance and performance improvement in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to our home market Nordic countries we are looking to grow in the global expanding markets. We employ 1,300 professionals globally. www.nestejacobs.com
Neste Jacobs' NAPCON offers you a wide range of advanced process automation solutions to enhance your production. The dedicated solutions based on extensive process know-how and modern software engineering fulfil your needs on the areas of Production Optimization, Quality Optimization, Safety, Logistics, Business Optimization, Environment and Big Data. www.napconsuite.com
Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With Head Office in Vienna, Austria, the company currently has around 6,600 employees and operates in over 120 countries. Borealis generated EUR 7.2 billion in sales revenue and a net profit of EUR 1,107 million in 2016. The International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) of Abu Dhabi owns 64% of the company, with the remaining 36% belonging to Austria-based OMV, an international, integrated oil and gas company. Borealis provides services and products to customers around the world in collaboration with Borouge, a joint venture with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC). www.borealisgroup.com