Porvoo refinery concentrates in production on premium-quality, low-emission traffic fuels. It has four production lines and more than 40 process units. In production there are more than 150 products and product components.
- Came on stream in 1965. Three new process units have been built in the 2000’s, production line 4 for producing diesel and two units for production of renewable NEXBTL diesel. Altogether these investments amounted approximately almost to 1 billion euros.
- The refinery has a VHVI unit that produces 250,000 t/a base oils for top-tier lubricants
- One of Europe’s most advanced and versatile refineries
- So-called complex refinery, its versatile cracking capacity enables the broad production structure and enhances the value of production
- Refining capacity of approx. 200,000 bbl/d and produces some 12 million tons of petroleum products a year
- 7 million m3 of crude and product storage capacity
- Finland’s largest port in terms of volume of cargo throughput. 20–23 million tons of crude oil and petroleum products pass through the harbour annually
- Porvoo refinery is situated in the Kilpilahti industrial area, some 30 kilometres east of Helsinki. The industrial area employs 3500 persons, approx. 1900 of which work for Neste Oil.