We are driven by a strong sense of purpose to create a healthier planet for our children and aim to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
Our strategy is designed to move Neste faster and bolder to realize our sustainability aspirations while growing profitably.
High aspirations: Global leader in renewable and circular solutions
- Reduce our customers’ greenhouse gas emissions every year by at least 20 million tons CO2 equivalent by 2030
- Lower our carbon footprint in production ahead of EU’s climate and energy targets
- Broaden our end markets to aviation and polymers
- Become a solution provider for chemical recycling
- Expand our unique global waste and residue feedstock platform
- Continue leadership in renewable products production capacity with at least 40% market share
- Outperform peers in value creation
To realize our high aspirations, we need to move faster and bolder
Our growth in renewable products will proceed in three waves:
- The first wave of Renewable Road Transportation is already well-established today. It is a strong business which we will foster and expand. The renewable diesel demand for road use is expected to quadruple to approximately 20 million tons by 2030.
- The second wave, Renewable Aviation Solutions is about to take off. Our target is to develop the renewable jet fuel market and build strong leadership in aviation decarbonization. Neste aims at delivering the first commercial volumes of renewable jet fuel made from waste and residues in 2019.
- The third wave, Renewable Polymers & Chemicals, allows us to realize the full potential of our renewables platform. By being one of the first movers, we can shape and lead the market together with consumer brands. We are also further focusing our technology development to provide solutions for chemical recycling of waste plastics.
We have also established an operational excellence program ensuring competitiveness across both renewable and oil businesses.
Together with collaboration partners, we will continue to increase our focus on innovation: the development of scalable and sustainable feedstocks and required technologies to support our target of being a global leader in renewable and circular solutions.