At Neste, our aim is to deliver outstanding value with renewable and circular solutions. We are continuing our growth and transformation as the world’s leading producer of sustainable aviation fuel and renewable diesel and a forerunner as a producer of more sustainable raw material solutions for the polymers and chemicals industry. We are committed to:
- Reducing our customers’ greenhouse gas emissions every year by at least 20 million tons CO2 equivalent by 2030.
- Reaching carbon neutral production by 2035.
- Reducing the use phase emission intensity of sold products by 50% by 2040 compared to 2020 levels.
Our strategy “Taking charge of change” is focusing on growth and creating value, and building on our people and unique capabilities. At the core are three themes: profitable growth, optionality and cost.
- Expand global feedstock base. We will continue to grow and strengthen our position in the waste and residues value chain, novel vegetable oils and liquefied waste plastics.
- Grow in attractive markets. By strengthening our presence in selected markets, we can better serve our customers and help them to thrive. This will be true for all businesses and especially for Renewable Aviation, and Renewable Polymers and Chemicals.
- Increased optionality. Increasing our optionality in feedstocks, products and markets allow us to better adapt to changing circumstances. It will also strengthen our end-to-end optimization capabilities – which are a source of value and competitive advantage for Neste. End-to-end optimization capabilities refer to our ability to leverage and combine the insights we have in feedstock market dynamics, market regulations and customer preferences.
- Focus on efficiency improvement. We will further intensify efforts to improve competitiveness and drive efficiency. This includes efficiency in fixed cost and net working capital as well as organizational, digital, end-to-end and project development.
We continue to ensure high standards in sustainability and strive towards our sustainability vision. Safety remains at the heart of our operations – every day, everywhere.